Ultimate All-American Chicken Wings
Get ready to elevate your chicken wing game with this incredible recipe that rivals America’s best! These crispy and flavorful wings are coated in a mouthwatering sauce that captures the essence of classic American flavors. Whether you’re hosting a party, a game night, or simply craving some delicious wings, this recipe has got you covered.
For the Chicken Wings:
- 2 lbs (approx. 1 kg) chicken wings, split into drumettes and flats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat the oil: In a deep fryer or large pot, heat vegetable oil to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the chicken wings: In a bowl, combine salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels and then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over them. Toss the wings to ensure even coating.
- Coat the wings: Place the flour in a large resealable bag. Add the seasoned wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat them evenly. Shake off any excess flour.
- Fry the wings: Carefully add the coated wings to the hot oil in batches, ensuring not to overcrowd the fryer. Fry for about 10-12 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the fried wings to a wire rack or paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Prepare the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add ketchup, hot sauce, honey, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well and let the sauce simmer for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Coat the wings with sauce: In a large bowl, toss the fried chicken wings with the prepared sauce until they are well-coated.
- Serve: Arrange the saucy wings on a serving platter and garnish with celery and carrot sticks. Serve with your choice of blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
- Enjoy: Dig into the ultimate All-American chicken wings that are crispy, flavorful, and irresistibly delicious!
Whether you’re enjoying these wings for a big game or a weekend gathering, they’re sure to be a hit among your friends and family.
Deep Fried Chicken Wings
Absolutely correct – these wings stand as the finest in the whole nation! These chicken wings, delicately coated and fried, boast a crispy yet light texture, bursting with flavor and juiciness within.
- PREP TIME:10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- 3/4 cup of Drakes Frymix
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Frying oil
Begin by preheating your Blackstone Flat Top Griddle. Place a deep aluminum foil pan onto the griddle and fill it with approximately 2 inches of oil. Heat the frying oil to a temperature of 375°F. To expedite the oil’s heating process, cover it with a dome lid.
Proceed to cut the chicken wings into sections, discarding the tips. Season the wings with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Next, measure out the required amount of Drake’s Crispy Frymix and place it within a plastic bag.
In manageable batches, add roughly one-third of the wing sections into the plastic bag. Seal the bag and gently shake it to coat the wings with a thin layer of the fry mix. Give the bag a few taps to eliminate any excess coating. With care, introduce the coated wings into the preheated oil, adding them one at a time.
Allow the Blackstone wings to cook for a duration of 6 to 10 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the wings and their initial temperature. Look for a golden-brown exterior, and note that the wings will start floating when fully cooked. Alternatively, you can use a digital thermometer to ensure the chicken wings reach an internal temperature of 165°F in the thickest part near the bone.
Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to lift the America’s best wings from the oil, allowing any excess oil to drain onto a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat the aforementioned steps until all the deep-fried chicken wings have been prepared.
Originating in Michigan and established in the 1930s, Drake’s Crispy Frymix is a renowned company recognized for its signature batter mix. Crafted from quality ingredients, this mix ensures a consistently crispy and light result with each preparation. To acquire this exceptional product, you can make a purchase by clicking here.