When it comes to finger-licking good food, few things can compare to a plate of perfectly cooked chicken wings. The crispy exterior, the tender meat, and the irresistible flavors make wings a beloved dish across the United States. But with countless establishments claiming to have the best wings in America, how can you separate the real winners from the rest? In this article, we embark on a delicious journey to discover who truly serves the best wings in America.
Who Has the Best Wings in America?
Chicken wings have become a staple in American cuisine, and it’s no surprise that countless restaurants, bars, and eateries strive to create the most mouthwatering wings. The competition is fierce, but a few establishments have managed to set themselves apart from the rest.
The 30 Best Chicken Wings In America
Here are 30 popular and highly regarded chicken wing establishments in America, known for serving some of the best chicken wings:
- Anchor Bar – Buffalo, New York
- Duff’s Famous Wings – Buffalo, New York
- Wingstop – Nationwide
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken – Nashville, Tennessee
- The Wing Dome – Seattle, Washington
- The Wing House – Tampa, Florida
- Pluckers Wing Bar – Austin, Texas
- Bonchon Chicken – Multiple locations
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers – Multiple locations
- Dirty Bird To-Go – New York, New York
- Quaker Steak & Lube – Multiple locations
- Pok Pok Wing – Portland, Oregon
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Nationwide
- The Wing Shack – Denver, Colorado
- Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken – New York, New York
- Harold’s Chicken Shack – Chicago, Illinois
- The Wing Kitchen – Los Angeles, California
- Roosters Wings – Multiple locations
- The Anchor Fish & Chips – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- East Coast Wings + Grill – Multiple locations
- The Chicken or the Egg – Beach Haven, New Jersey
- Smalley’s Caribbean Barbeque – Stillwater, Minnesota
- The Pub Chip Shop – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Fire on the Mountain – Portland, Oregon
- Federal Taphouse & Kitchen – Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap – Chicago, Illinois
- Winghart’s – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Wicked Chicken – Omaha, Nebraska
- Central BBQ – Memphis, Tennessee
- Fatso’s Last Stand – Chicago, Illinois
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and there are many other excellent chicken wing establishments throughout the United States. The ranking is subjective and based on popular opinion and reviews.
Some other best Chicken Wings In America
1. Wingstop: A Flavor Extravaganza
If you’re on the hunt for an incredible variety of flavors, look no further than Wingstop. With over 1,500 locations nationwide, this chain has perfected the art of wing preparation. From the classic Buffalo-style wings to unique creations like Mango Habanero and Louisiana Rub, Wingstop offers an explosion of flavors to satisfy every palate.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings: A Sports Fan’s Paradise
When it comes to enjoying wings while catching the game, Buffalo Wild Wings is the go-to spot for many sports enthusiasts. With a lively atmosphere, a wide selection of sauces, and an extensive menu featuring various wing styles, this popular chain has become synonymous with game day grub.
3. Hooters: Wings with a Side of Fun
Hooters, known for its lively ambiance and friendly staff, has gained a loyal following for its wings. Their signature Hooters-style wings are crispy and succulent, available in a range of sauces and spice levels. If you’re looking to enjoy wings in a fun and casual setting, Hooters is the place to be.
4. Anchor Bar: The Birthplace of Buffalo Wings
No discussion about the best wings in America would be complete without mentioning the birthplace of Buffalo wings. Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York, is credited with inventing this iconic dish back in 1964. Their classic Buffalo-style wings continue to draw crowds from far and wide, and a visit to Anchor Bar is a pilgrimage every wing lover should make.
5. Local Gems: Hidden Treasures Across the Nation
While the above-mentioned establishments have gained nationwide recognition, some of the best wings in America can be found in local eateries and hidden gems. From family-owned diners to hole-in-the-wall joints, these lesser-known establishments often hold the secret to exceptional wings. Exploring your local community and seeking recommendations from fellow wing enthusiasts can lead you to some unforgettable culinary experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Who invented Buffalo wings?
A1: Buffalo wings were invented at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York, by Teressa Bellissimo in 1964.
Q2: Are chicken wings healthy?
A2: While chicken wings are undeniably delicious, they are often fried and coated in flavorful sauces, which can make them high in calories and fat. However, grilled or baked wings can be a healthier alternative.
Q3: Are boneless wings really wings?
A3: Boneless wings are not technically wings. They are typically made from chicken breast meat and are breaded and fried like traditional wings.
Q4: What is the most popular wing flavor?
A4: Buffalo sauce is arguably the most popular wing flavor, known for its tangy and spicy profile. However, flavors like barbecue, honey mustard, and teriyaki also enjoy widespread popularity.
Q5: Can you reheat chicken wings?
A5: Yes, you can reheat chicken wings. To retain their crispy texture, it is best to reheat them in an oven or air fryer.
Q6: Where can I find the best wings in my city?
A6: To find the best wings in your city, consider asking locals for recommendations, checking online reviews, or exploring food blogs and websites dedicated to reviewing local eateries.
In the quest to find the best wings in America, there are several notable contenders that have managed to capture the hearts and taste buds of wing enthusiasts nationwide. Whether you prefer the explosive flavors of Wingstop, the sports-centric atmosphere of Buffalo Wild Wings, or the legendary Buffalo wings at Anchor Bar, there is no shortage of options to satisfy your wing cravings. Don’t forget to explore local establishments and hidden gems, as they often hold culinary treasures waiting to be discovered. So grab a napkin, gather some friends, and embark on your own finger-licking journey to find who truly has the best wings in America.